Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
"I WANT MIXED BABIES"
"MIXED BABIES ARE THE CUTEST BABIES"
"MIXED BABIES ARE THE CURE TO RACISM"
"PEOPLE SHOULD JUST STOP DATING THEIR OWN KIND AND GET WITH PEOPLE OF OTHER RACES BECAUSE MIXED BABIES LOL"
If you ever feel like you’ve screwed up, just remember that in 1348 the Scots thought it would be a good idea to invade England because the English were weakened by the Plague. They subsequently caught the plague themselves, went back to Scotland, and killed half their own population.